Video contest: “Russian Art of 20th-21th centuries In the Eyes of Foreigners”
The Center for International Educational Programs of Novosibirsk State University hosts a contest for foreign students studying Russian language.
This year we invite you to take part in our video contest: “Russian Art of 20th-21th centuries In the Eyes of Foreigners.”
When you learn foreign language, you also learn about the culture, history and art of the country. And we really want to find out what foreigners know about Russian art of 20th-21th centuries because it’s an important part of our life. Do you have something to say? Then this contest is for you!
The period of the contest
The video contest “Russian Art of 20th-21th centuries In the Eyes of Foreigners” will be held from the 1st of March till the 26th of March, 2017.
Who can participate in the contest?
Any foreigner studying Russian as a foreign language and who currently resides outside of Russia. Important - it's only possible to take part in the contest on an individual basis (group videos are not accepted). To participate in the contest.
If you want to participate in the video contest “Russian Art of 20th-21th centuries In the Eyes of Foreigners”:
- Submit an e-mail to email@example.com by the 26th of March, 2017.
- Include the word "konkurs", the country's name and your name (for example, konkurs usa amy lee) in the subject line.
- Attach your video submission or link to a site where you shared your video.
It is important that video submitted must be provided in accordance with the requirements. Videos that do not match the conditions of the contest will not be accepted.
Requirements for entries
For the contest we only accept videos that were made with the use of publicly available data and materials belonging to private individuals, businesses and organizations. All work must meet the technical requirements.
Contest videos on the topic “Russian Art of 20th-21th centuries In the Eyes of Foreigners.” presented in the mp4 or analog formats, quality is no less than 640x480 p, video duration of 1-5 minutes.
Videos must contain the following information:
- The title.
- A summary of the author (tell us your name, where you are from, how long you have studied Russian language and why).
- A monologue and performance of a song or a poem on the topic “Russian Art of 20th-21th centuries In the Eyes of Foreigners.”
Participants can tell what they know about modern Russian art of 20th 21th centuries using examples well-known artwork that they familiar with:
- Share impressions of a book or movie.
- Tell us about your favorite artist / actor / director
- Perform your favorite Russian song.
- Read favorite poems of 20th-21th centuries
Participants also have to explain why they chose this work of art, what they know about the author and the work itself, how it has affected their life.
We will be glad to hear Russian poems and songs, but do not forget that first of all this is a competition of Russian language, and we want to hear you speak Russian.
All text and voice clips should be in Russian.
The procedure and criteria for evaluating of results
The competition results are decided based on the evaluation of the jury (teachers of Russian from CIEP NSU).
Criteria for evaluation:
- The novelty / originality of the idea.
- The quality of the information provided.
- Consistency of presentation.
- Russian language skills.
- Clarity, emotionality and precision of participants' speech,
- The use of modern audio - video technologies.
- Creative approach to the contest entry
Summing up the results of the competition.
Summing up the contest will be held until March 31, 2017.
All contestants will be awarded certificates of the participation.
The winners will be awarded with:
- First place winner gets the opportunity to study in summer school at CIEP NSU for two weeks free (we pay your tuition and board here, winner must pay for their airfare and visa).
- The 2nd and 2rd place winners and the recipient of the “audience award” will also be awarded prizes.
At the end of the competition we will contact the winners by email.
We look forward to receiving your submissions from all over the world!
From Siberia with love,
Contest managers, Daria and Svetlana.