Nikolai Sergeevich ROZOV
Professor of Philosophy (PhD., Dr.Sc.)
Hello! Welcome to my page.
Here you can find links to my web-resources, formal personal data (from CV) and publications both in Russian and in English
Historical macrosociology, philosophy of history, philosophy and methodology of social and historical sciences, theory of values, comparative politics and political sociology.
Philosophy of History Archive (various resources and links)
of History and Theoretical History (Internet-forum – a mailing list)
Photos from Altai
1995 - fellowship in the
1986-1989 fellowship in Philosophy and Social Sciences in the Institute for Philosophy and Law (Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences)
1983 graduated from the Moscow State University (the Department of Psychology)
Doctorate (Doctor of Philosophical Sciences), Social Philosophy,
1989 Ph.D. (Kandidate of Sciences), Social Philosophy,
Since 2003 - Professor of the Chamber for International Relations and Area Studies, Novosibirsk State Technical University (NSTU).
Since 2002, leading researcher of the Institute of Philosophy and Law, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences;
1998 - 2002 - Organizer and Coordinator of the network 'Macrohistorical Dynamics' in Social Science History Association (SSHA);
1997 - present, Member of Scientific Council
of the Institute for Philosophy and Law
Visiting Research Associate in
1987 - 1994, Associate Professor (Docent), Senior Researcher,
Books by prof. Nikolai S. Rozov:
Values in the Problematic World: Philosophical Foundations and Social Applications of Constructive Axiology (Detailed English abstract of the Russian book)
The Almanac 'Vremia Mira' (Editor). The 2-st
The Almanac 'Vremia Mira' (Editor). The 1-st
issue. The Historical Macrosociology in the 20-th
· Filosofiya Gumanitarnogo Obrazovaniya (The Philosophy of Humanities and Social Sciences in Higher Education). Research Center for Specialists' Education, Moscow, 1993, 195p.
· Struktura Tsivilizatsii i Tendentsii Mirovogo Razvitiya (The Structure of
Civilization and World Development Trends)
Kultura, Tsennosti i Razvitiye
Obrazovaniya (Culture, Values and Development of
Education) Research Center for Specialists' Education
Papers in English:
· Specific Nature of "Russian State Power": Its Mental Structures, Ritual Practices, and Institutions // Politics and Law. 2012. Vol. 50. ¹ 1. pp. 36-53
· The Meaning of History as a Trial for Humanity: Philosophical Foundations for a Global Multilevel Legal and Judicial System // Problems of Contemporary World Futurology. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2011, pp.50-75.
Cyclical Dynamics of Russian History: Strategies of Actors and Interaction of
Variables // Mathematical modeling of social and economic dynamics. MMSED-2010.
Historical Macrosociology: Formation, Fundamental Areas
of Research and Types of Models. In: Sociology: History, Theory, and
Practices. Vol.10. Bridging the World Together.
· Models of the University in Today's Russia // Russian Education and Society. 2008. vol. 50. ¹ 5. pp. 76-84.
· Not a Curse but a Challenge // Problems of Economic Transition. 2007. Vol.49, No 9. P.75-82/
· The Change of
Non-Change: Evolution of Human Regimes and the Structure of World History. In:
Alternatives of Social Evolution.
The Change of
Non-Change: Evolution of Human Regimes and the Structure of World History // Alternatives of Social Evolution,
· An Apologia for Theoretical History // History and Theory, 1997, vol.36, No3. P.336-352.
Where the World
Capitalism is Going? Futures Bulletin, vol.23. No 1, 1997, World Futures Studies
Long Duree -Problems of
Historical Mechanisms Theses of the International Congress UNESCO ‘Educationa and Science at the Threshold of the Third Millenium, Sections 1-6,
The Values of Social Sciences and Humanities for
Future Universities Resume of the International
Axiology and Intellectual Culture of the Future, in: Studia Humanistica, 1990, vol.2
English abstracts of Russian papers:
· Social Philosophy — Is it a Dogma or a Weapon Against Dogmatism? (The Question of One or Many Factors of Historical Dynamics). In: Gumanitarnye nauki â Sibiri, 2007.
· Against the Attributive Reductionism: Irreducibility of Epistemic Rationality and Incommensurability of Values // Credo New, 2010, ¹1. P.66-109.
On Global Issues:
· Meanings of History as
Permanent Self-Tests of Groups and Societies: Philosophy and Social Sciences Versus Ideology. Report for the XXII World Congress of
· The Nature of
War: the Macrosociological Analysis of Essence and
Reasons of a Mass Organized Violence. In: Macrodynamics .
· Global Crisis in the Context of World Development Megatrends and Prospects of the Russian Policy //POLIS, 2009, ¹3. P. 34-46.
On Historical Macrosociology:
· Rituals, Institutions, and Resources: the Bases for Transformation of Mentality // Tsennosti i Smysly, 2010 ¹5 (8), P.50-67.
On Russian History and Mentality:
· The Dynamic Concept of Mentality and Variable Diversity of Russian Habituses // Ideyi i Idealy, 2010, Vol.1, No 1(3)
· Russian Mentality: Criticism of the Most Constructive Concepts // Mir Rossii, 2011, No 1
· The Social Mechanism of Russian Cycles // Politeia 2011, No 1.
Main Presentations in English:
· November 2001 Can Social Sciences Become Rapid Discovery Science. The Method of Theoretical History. Annual Meeting of Social Science History Association, Chicago.
November 2000 Towards Synthesis of Macrohistorical
Paradigms, Annual Meeting of Social Science History Association,
November 1999 An Evolutionary Periodization
of World History and Bridging Macrosociological
· November 1998 The Method of Theoretical History, Annual Meeting of Social Science History Association, Chicago.
October 1997 Towards the Integrative Structure of Macrohistorical Dynamics, Annual Meeting of Social
Science History Association,
June 1995 Social-Historical
TimeSpace: Reconstruction of Concepts and Bridging
June 1995. Civilizations,
Societies, World-Systems, and Historical Epochs: Towards Integrative Structure odf Social Thought. The 24-th Annual Meeting of International Society for Comparative
Studies of Civilizations (ISCSC), Write State University,
May 1995. Problems
and Prospects of Integration of Social Thought, Colloquium of
May 1995 New
Approaches in Theoretical History, Philosophy
Dept. and session of editorial board of the journal History and Theory: Studies
in the Philosophy of History,
June 1990 Constructive
Axiology and the Future of Education, International
Symposium "The Philosophy of Education for the 21st Century,"